How to reduce frizz?
Hello Curlistas / Curlistos!
Here are some tips that will help you reduce frizz as much as possible and understand why you have it.
1/ Why do I have frizz?
Hair that curls for no reason is a sign of dehydration of the hair fiber. All it takes is for the air to be a little humid for the water in the atmosphere to cling to the dry cuticle, lifting it up and giving it those frizzies.
It all comes from the scales of your hair, which you can't see with the naked eye: Smooth, tightly closed scales ensure well-defined, shiny curls. (little porous hair). Conversely, open scales cause coarse hair with frizz. (porous hair).
Although frizz is part of the nature of our dry hair, it is possible to reduce it but not to eliminate it.
2/ How to reduce frizz?
It starts at bedtime: use a satin pillowcase to prevent frizz from forming overnight. Indeed your hair will not cling but will slide on it.
3/ What should you avoid doing?
Although we can't be perfect, here's what to avoid so your hair doesn't get too frizzy:
- Discolorations which make our hair more fragile and therefore porous: open scales which cause the hair to swell on contact with air, humidity, etc.
- The heat of the hair dryer : you have seen it yourself, when you dry your curls with a hair dryer they tend to create frizz. The use of a low temperature diffuser is preferable.
- Dry brushing them for no reason: Curly, curly, frizzy hair does not style like smooth hair. If you want to detangle them, do it in the shower after applying a mask or conditioner.
4/ What treatments can I use on a daily basis?
- Kalia Nature Hair Milk with hibiscus (suitable for children and pregnant women)
- KURL NECTAR moisturizing and nourishing leave-in treatment The Secrets of Lolys
Ideal for reducing frizz and defining your curls. Without rinsing, it moisturizes, nourishes and keeps your curls supple and shiny for longer.
It is a treatment based on humectants, hydrating, nourishing, repairing, detangling and restructuring agents.
It is suitable for all types of textured hair (wavy, curly, curly, frizzy).
Aloe Vera, Honey, Glycerin, Seaweed, Cocoa Butter, Cupuaçu Butter, Green Tea, Castor, Soy and Provitamin B5.
This moisturizing hair jelly coats the hair and compensates for the water loss of the hair fiber (level present in the hair) on a daily basis.
Delicately scented with pineapple and enriched with provitamin B5, this plant-based moisturizing complex gives pep to curly, frizzy and frizzy hair.
Ideal for creating hairstyles such as: “finger coils” or “wash and go”.
Hibiscus Jelly will work on all the curls, to shape them, redefine them or flatten the hair.
This gel consists of Aloe Vera and an infusion of hibiscus flower oil and powder. It will be an excellent styling and care product. Your hair will be kept hydrated thanks to the agave and glycerin that make up this gel.
(for curly, curly, frizzy hair).